if (typeof bundleExpires[priceId] != "undefined") { const subscribeLink = el.querySelector('a[data-price_id]'); function setPriceSelected(priceID) { One of most unusual, however, was as the speaking voice of Gerry Adams, president of Sinn Fin. eventAction: 'change_cc', }; }); items_limit: sourceIsArticleMeter ? 2. }; show_spinner: true, } template_premium_fadeout: "
", template_redeem_coupon_code: '

Redeem your Subscription

The access code entered is not valid. if (event.detail.object.hasOwnProperty('google_showcase_requested')) { el.classList.add('-full'); }, Michel Martin is, he believes, determined to prevent a united Ireland. People who are interested in the Irish language are crocodiles to them. const welcomeBanner = document.querySelector('.welcome1'); const domain = '.independent.ie'; Of course there have been difficulties growing up, like anyone, but they\u0026#039;re very kind to me. })[0]; She was released after seven years on humanitarian grounds and, shortly after, married Rea.There was never any suggestion that her people would have rejected him because of his Protestant background, he says - \u0026amp;quot;they liked me\u0026amp;quot;. enable_showcase: true, Stephen Rea began his acting career in Ireland in the early 1960s. } return false; It was earth-shattering at the time. By the mid-90s, they scaled another peak with Michael Collins. _id: price.id, When the lockdown started, we pivoted and decided we would have it in Croke Park, to be broadcast as a live-stream. When a good deed gets him stabbed, one of the restaurant employees takes him in and finds him medical care. const showOrderSummary = function (node, priceId) { const getQueryStringValue = function (key) { }; const badgeToFilterBy = badgeMap[tab.id]; var fpblock = document.getElementById("flip-pay"); const socialNetwork = socialEmbed.dataset.socialNetwork; He attended Belfast High School and the Queen's University, where he studied English. successful_upgrade_redirect_url = decodeURIComponent(returnURL); return -1; Stephen Rea is an Irish actor who has been starring in numerous theater plays in Ireland and the United Kingdom since the early 1970s, but best known for the success he achieved with The Crying Game in 1992, where he starred as Fergus alongside Forest Whitaker. return '' Listen Live: Classic and Contemporary Celtic, Listen Live: Cape, Coast and Islands NPR Station, MASTERPIECE Music: A 'Miss Scarlet and The Duke' Playlist, D.C. museum is the first to show art exclusively by women, 'Space Adventure' exhibit takes off in Chelsea, Local Grammy winning musician Steven Feifke discusses his latest album, 'All Creatures Great and Small' season 3 episode 7 recap: merry bloody Christmas. They were married for 17 years. successful_upgrade_redirect_url = 'https://member.independent.ie/'; Scripted by Andrew Davies, the adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's literary masterpiece will be directed by Tom Harper ( Peaky Blinders . badgeToUse = badge; Born to Protestant parents in Belfast, Rea seems to have spent his life trying to kick down barriers and defy categorisation. The Break: Directed by Robert Dornhelm. window.dataLayer.push({ } } var timeLeftOnExpire = (Date.parse(prices[key]['active_to']) - nowTimeStamp); homeDeliveryButtonCheck = true; } He refers to Sammy Wilson and Ian Paisley Junior praising Donald Trump as \u0026amp;quot;just another blast of DUP halitosis\u0026amp;quot;.\u0026amp;quot;The majority in the North voted to remain in the EU but all the DUP want is to remain stuck to the tit of the Brit. return allPrices.concat(item); (Another news source suggests a marriage of 20 years, from 1983 to 2003. }; if (!isShopFront) { localStorage.setItem('price.selected', JSON.stringify(item)); if (userHasLoggedIn === true) { } else { } if (document.getElementById('fp-snackbar')) { } Together, we can create a more connected and informed world. meterStats.items_used : 0, const isUpgrades = false; } }); let listeningForGigyaEvents = false; if (badges.indexOf('btn-dark') > -1) { }) let bodyAvailable = false; } faq.click() localStorage.removeItem('price.selected'); template_prices_price_description: '

• >>description<<
  • ', It will be available to watch for 48 hours. } } } fpblock.classList.add('fp-prevent-html-replace'); onboarding_article = 'https://subscribe.independent.ie/welcome/premium-plus/'; code: "", 'Jacob Rees-Mogg you're right. let flipPayConfig = { return bundle._id === id; } He appeared in many television shows and theatre productions before venturing into films as well. if (activeTabId === 'shop-front-monthly-prices-tab-trigger') { Alongside Stephen Rea, who is directing, other stars involved in the project include Moe Dunford (Vikings), Laurence Kinlan (Love/Hate), and Jane Brennan (Brooklyn). Bloom: Directed by Sean Walsh. October 31, 1946. It was dealing with stereotypes and a black soldier. if (! }; document.querySelectorAll('input[type="radio"][data-price_id]').forEach(function (price) { mutation.addedNodes.forEach(node => { } else { document.body.addEventListener('fp_gigya_ready', function () { }; if (node.classList && node.classList.contains('c-box1')) { const leafletScript = document.createElement('script'); } 13. const virtualPageViewData = { He later trained at the Abbey Theatre School } acting along. userID: purchase.granted_by_purchase.user_id, premium_content_redirect_url = 'https://subscribe.independent.ie/welcome/home-delivery/'; const userHasValidSubscriberCookie = function () { It was dealing with stereotypes and a black soldier. eventAction: badgeToFilterBy, bundle: bundleValue, } } productClickSource = window.shopFrontHeaderSubscribe ? badgeMap[tabPrefix + '-annual-prices-tab-trigger'] = 'annual'; In 2012 he appeared on Raidi Teilifs ireann to read The Dead from James Joyces Dubliners for their program Book on One. "The poet Derek Mahon, who died recently, said he got out of Belfast as soon as he could because it was a bigoted dump, and I always thought of Belfast as a dump," he tells me. } In 2011, Rea featured in the BBC crime drama The Shadow Line, playing antagonist Gatehouse. 4. Things were bad. } else { document.cookie = 'subscriptionwall_meter_stats= ; expires = Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT'; if (eventType === 'purchase_failed') { } else if (isUpgrades === true && member_redirect) { } in Dublin. Please try again

Please see our .

', const latestFlipPayLoadTime = parseInt(localStorage.getItem('subscriptionwall.latest-load') || '0'); '::placeholder': { Join us. let member_redirect = getQueryStringValue('source') === 'mc' ? meteredAccess: purchase.metered_paywall, The other night we watched the new run of The Den, which they had watched when they were little kids. template_prices_price: '
    >>discount<<

Premium

Premium +

Home Delivery

Epaper Access

>>name<<

>>strikethrough<< >>price_to_display<<*Billed as one payment of >>price_to_display_billed<< >>price_to_display_frequency<<

>>descriptions<<

', } else if (badge.indexOf('print_annual_') > -1) { } let bundleExpires = []; if (badgeElement) { const getBundleById = function (id) { } else if (purchase.badge['premium-plus'] && purchase.badge['premium-plus'] == true) { \u0026amp;quot;The atmosphere was sectarian at the time but that was being changed by people like Eamonn McCann. if (priceIdFromUrl) { window.dataLayer.push({ document.getElementById('welcome_popup_wrapper').style.display = "block"; coupon_applied: price.coupon_applied, template_prices_original_price: "
    >>original_price_currency<<>>original_price_amount<<
    ", let premiumArticleViews, meteredResetDate; // Push initial dataLayer values into object. Discover your full benefits as a Premium subscriber. event: 'ee-addToCart', Professionally, he's as happy to play IRA terrorists as paranoid. eventCallback: function () { event: '_trackEvent', return 'epaper-access'; return Object.keys(bundle.badges).includes(badgeToUse); I was distraught. window.location.href = flipPayConfig.premium_content_redirect_url; event: 'ee-productImpression', }, return; dispatchEvent(new Event('reinitialize')); He is a frequent collaborator with Irish film-maker Neil Jordan. } He won a Pulitzer prize in 1979 for his play Buried Child, co-wrote the screenplay for. }); Price. document.body.addEventListener('fp_gigya_ready', function () { }); It was surreal and lovely. In a future British dystopian society, a shadowy freedom fighter, known only by the alias of "V", plots to overthrow the tyrannical government - with the help of a young woman. For Rea, art and politics have always been intertwined. A Protestant republican, he was married to former IRA bomber Dolours evt : window.event; const redirectToShopFrontWelcomePage = function () { return Object.keys(purchase).indexOf('coupon_code') > -1; document.getElementById('welcome_banner_wrapper').style.display = "block"; "I'm not quite sure what my role is because it's a monologue and the actor just really has to learn it.". if (! premium_content_redirect_url: 'https://subscribe.independent.ie/welcome/premium/', If you've in the mood for good Irish films that'll give you a sense of Ireland's past, I can't recommend this one enough. const getUrlHash = function () { } if (!hash) { [6], Rea was hired to speak the words of Gerry Adams when Sinn Fin was under a 198894 broadcasting ban.[7]. It was almost ignored in Britain until Miramax released it in the US, where it became one of the biggest indie hits of the decade.\u0026amp;quot;The English didn\u0026#039;t want to see it because it was about an IRA man whose sensitivity was touched by the British soldier and the transvestite person,\u0026amp;quot; Rea recalls. return; !badges && badges.length > 0) { The film, famously, took dramatic licence with its depiction of Bloody Sunday in 1920. K Is for Killing. const gigyaID = getCookie('guid'); const grantedBy = Object.keys(purchase).filter(function (key) { "After the film came out, I was in New York, there was a Gay Pride march going down Fifth Avenue toward Washington Square Park, and they saw me and they started chanting my name. actionField: { localStorage.removeItem('product_click_source'); } let userWall = 'none'; const tweetUrl = socialEmbed.dataset.social_url; if (isShopFront || isUpgrades) { localStorage.setItem('product_click_source', productClickSource); subscriptionStartDate: '0000-00-00T00:00:00Z', It's the dead of a lockdown night in Dublin and, as the camera pans through the deserted streets, Stephen Rea's desolate lilt is the soundtrack to all that has been lost. [1], Rea was born in Belfast; his father was a bus driver and his mother a housewife. 'https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id='+i+dl;f.parentNode.insertBefore(j,f); !selectedPrice.badges && selectedPrice.badges !== Object(selectedPrice.badges)) { Dil : Know what, honey? price: price.amount, document.querySelectorAll('[data-'+namespace+']').forEach(function (el) { document.cookie = subscriberCookieName + "=" + JSON.stringify(cookieData) + ';path=/;domain=' + domain + ';max-age='+cookieExpiryInSeconds; const updateSubscriberCookie = function (purchase) { } else if (disableRedirect) { } }[tabPrefix]; With Stephen Rea, Alfred Molina, Rosana Pastor, Brendan Gleeson. Perhaps I'm wrong I would not put it past me to limp on to the transfiguration, but I do not think so.". const getSubscriptionStatus = function (purchase) { snack_bar_success_message: 'Welcome! } subscribeLink.addEventListener('click', function (e) { } I turned down roles that I thought were just typical roles for a guy from Belfast who\u0026#039;d just played an IRA man. const flipPayJsUrl = 'https://cdn.flip-pay.com/clients/inm/flip-pay.js'; if (timeLeftOnExpire < 0) { let cookieValue = parts.join('='); eventCategory: 'g_showcase', const cookieExpiryInSeconds = 60 * 60 * 24 * 365; ? item_group_code: "pfc_indo", In 2020, The Irish Times ranked Rea the 13th greatest Irish film actor of all time. vars.article.userWall = ! e.preventDefault(); Greta is a 2018 psychological thriller film directed by Neil Jordan and written by Ray Wright and Jordan. ecommerceTransactionEvent.metered_paywall = { And it's all for a particle of power that they insist on and they are not entitled to. return price; ecommerce: { return; template_already_subscriber: "

You're already a Premium subscriber

Your account has already a premium subscription linked. if (vars.article) { }); Content producer with over ten years of experience in digital and broadcast productions for publicmedia. eventLabel: 'load' const expiryTime = 2; const urlQueryString = window.location.search; badgeToFilterBy = 'monthly'; } const pathParts = new URL(url).pathname.split('/'); }; }, He also featured as the narrator in a production of Joyces Ulysses on BBC Radio 4 for 2012s Bloomsday. There should be an all-Ireland deal with that, so that everyone feels protected on both sides of the border. "Except for one time we were sitting having a drink in her house and she looked at me and said, 'the boy done good'. There's no plan on how to deal with them.". return 'none'; He even worked with Samuel Beckett on a 1976 staging of Endgame, although Rea admits he was too intimidated to befriend the writer. eventCategory: getEcommerceEventCategory(), }, eventAction: 'auth', snackbar.querySelector('.message2-outer').classList.remove('-error'); ecommerce: { const now = new Date().getTime(); function getPriceSelected(priceID) { updateSubscriberCookie({ } document.querySelectorAll('[data-social-embed][data-social-network="facebook"],[data-social-embed][data-social-network="facebookVideo"],[data-social-embed][data-social-network="twitter"],[data-social-embed][data-social-network="twitterVideo"]').forEach(function (socialEmbed) { He has worked steadily ever since, in Ireland and London, in. return; (returnURL || member_redirect)) { } } else if (Object.keys(p.badge || {}).indexOf('premium-plus') > -1) { Rea was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor for Neil Jordan 's thriller The Crying Game (1992). const isShopFront = false; eventCategory: 'content_link', const priceIdFromUrl = getQueryStringValue('priceId'); *The Stephen Rea Interview! He is that rare thing, an Ulster Protestant with deeply progressive ideals. node.setAttribute('hidden', ''); } Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles, Hozier Feat. meteredAccess: purchase.metered_paywall, !subscriberCookie.subscriptionStatus ? } window.dataLayer.push({ of Jordans films: Angel, The Company of Wolves, The Crying Game, Interview with the Vampire, Michael Collins, The Butcher Boy, In Dreams, The End of The Affair, Breakfast on Pluto, Ondine, and Greta. if (prices.hasOwnProperty(key)) { premium_content_by_class_name: "ep17pricing1", By the mid-90s, they scaled another peak with Michael Collins. ", Fatherhood is one of the great joys in his life, and something that has eased the pain of lockdown. He had been starring in films since Neil Jordan cast him in Angel (1982), but he only became famous worldwide after his performance in The Crying Game earned him a Best Actor Oscar nomination in 1993. var labelText = ''; He later trained at the Abbey Theatre School in Dublin. if (isShopFront) { Director: James McTeigue | Stars: Hugo Weaving, Natalie Portman, Rupert Graves, Stephen Rea. // Reset the positions after the flatten. } Rea has appeared in a number of high profile films, both Irish and international, such as V for Vendetta, Michael Collins, Interview with the Vampire and Breakfast on Pluto. return cookieValue; } userHasLoggedIn = true; var nowTimeStamp = Date.now(); if (typeof bundleExpires[priceId] != "undefined") { successful_upgrade_redirect_url: 'https://subscribe.independent.ie/welcome/premium/', I just didn't know who I was. const showPremiumBadge = function (el) { I\u0026#039;ve done some movies that I thought were a mess.\u0026amp;quot; Assuredly these did not involve his work with Jordan. (scripts[i].innerHTML.indexOf("shopfront_url") !== -1)) { node.removeAttribute('hidden'); items_used: accessObject.metered_paywall_items_used, let homeDeliveryButtonCheck = false; Cry of the Banshee. successful_upgrade_redirect_url: 'https://member.independent.ie/', } var p = purchase['granted_by_' + purchaseType]; The reading features in a recent short film, Throes. He is famously reluctant to discuss his late ex-wife Dolours Price, who was given a life sentence for her involvement in the IRA bombing of the Old Bailey in 1973. let addToCartFiredAfterRegistration = false; if (document.cookie.indexOf('guid') > -1) {

Subscribe today for unlimited access. listeningForGigyaEvents = true; flipPayConfig = Object.assign(flipPayConfig, { } var contract = 'contract_bundle'; } if (isShopFront && hash) { Stephen Rea was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland. const scripts = document.querySelectorAll("script"); if (eventType === 'summary_displayed') { listenForGigyaEvents(); if (purchase.badge['print_monthly'] && purchase.badge['print_monthly'] == true) { const welcomePopUp = document.querySelector('.welcome2'); return; p_tag.classList.add('c-box1-brow'); if (userHasLoggedIn === true) { badgeToFilterBy = urlHash; return bundle._id === id; Co-starring Aidan Quinn, Stephen Rea, and Julia Roberts as Collins' lover Kitty Kiernan. userWall = 'paywall'; But there's more: discover your full benefits now. ", He gives me one of those signature wry Rea smiles and says: "Sometimes I wonder if I'll get up in the morning. He is to direct a monologue written by Thomas Kilroy, and performed by Laurence Kinlan, that gives voice to James Burke, a Terenure man who was caught in the crush of the crowd and died of shock a few days later.\u0026amp;quot;I\u0026#039;d worked with Tom Kilroy several times, and did the first production of his brilliant play Double Cross, and he\u0026#039;s a dear friend, so I immediately said I\u0026#039;d do it,\u0026amp;quot; Rea says. He later trained at the Abbey Theatre School in Dublin. window.showNonSubscriberElements(); id: purchase.id if (isGrantedBy('whitelist_rule')) { talented, (4/10/04-6/24/04) Stage: Appeared (as "Cyrano") in "Cyrano de Bergerac" by. } if (!priceID) { observer.observe(document, { There should be an all-Ireland deal with that, so that everyone feels protected on both sides of the border. if (accessObject.hasOwnProperty('granted_by_google_showcase')) { vars.user.userID = subscriberCookie.userID || ''; fpblock.style.display = 'block'; if (tweetUrl) { } setBundleToFullWidth(plan); if (element.tagName === 'BODY' && ! userID: cookieData.userID, subscriptionFinishDate: '1111-11-11T11:11:11Z', childList: true, return product; }); shopfront_url: 'https://subscribe.independent.ie/', : [], You can\u0026#039;t connect to the DUP. \u0026amp;quot;I knew that Pacino was going to win [for Scent of a Woman]. \u0026#039;Brits out\u0026#039; for a Cork man means [film producer and member of the House of Lords] David Puttnam or the Brits who are living in West Cork. return; const subscriberCookieName = 'subscriber'; user: {

', } I didn\u0026#039;t begrudge him but I thought that if anyone should have got it, it should have been Denzel Washington [for Malcolm X], but they weren\u0026#039;t ready to give a black actor the Best Actor Oscar at that particular point.\u0026amp;quot;Still, there was some consolation, as Rea became \u0026amp;quot;a gay rights icon, for about five minutes\u0026amp;quot;.\u0026amp;quot;After the film came out, I was in New York, there was a Gay Pride march going down Fifth Avenue toward Washington Square Park, and they saw me and they started chanting my name. const getBadgesForEl = function (el) { const setBundleToFullWidth = function (el) { if (faq) { We sat and watched it again together and laughed ourselves silly. listenForFlipPayEvents(); eventAction: 'auth', fireProductClickEvent(null); document.location.search.substring(1).split('&').forEach(function (param) { price.addEventListener('click', function () { return badgeTextEl.innerHTML.split(',').map(function (text) { const parseTweetIdFromUrl = function (url) { }); If you want to watch Rea in action, you can check him out right here on GBH in Dickensian and Masterpieces Flesh and Blood, both streaming on Passport. When the lockdown started, we pivoted and decided we would have it in Croke Park, to be broadcast as a live-stream. var leafletTag = false; p_tag.appendChild(span_tag); } Dolours' sister, Marian,. filter_prices_by_badge: badgeToFilterBy, items_limit: accessObject.metered_paywall_items_limit, selectedPrice.placeholder_prices flipPayConfig.show_spinner = false; ecommerce: { add: { position: 0, Date of Birth. } 'home-delivery': 'fp_refresh_price_only', For people with disabilities needing assistance with the Public Files, contact Glenn Heath at 617-300-3268. show_fadeout: false, So begins his quest to avenge them. callback: function (user) { el.querySelector('a[data-price_id]').href = el.querySelector('a[data-price_id]').href + '&returnURL=' + returnURL; 10 Facts About Alexis Georgoulis, The George Clooney Of Greece, 10 Facts About Melinda Kinnaman, The Swedish Star Of 'Modus, 10 Facts About Jennifer Ehle, Our Favorite Elizabeth Bennet, 10 Facts About "Baptistes" Talisa Garcia, 10 Facts About Al Weaver Of "Grantchester" And "Press", Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility at GBH, Transparency in Coverage Cost-Sharing Disclosures. ', } } productClickSource = window.shopFrontHeaderSubscribe vars.article ) { } ) ; items_limit: sourceIsArticleMeter, Feat! It in Croke Park, to be broadcast as a live-stream the lockdown started we! Acting career in Ireland in the BBC crime drama the Shadow Line, playing antagonist Gatehouse ; items_limit:?... The early 1960s. news source suggests a marriage of 20 years, from 1983 to 2003 with. The great joys in his life, and something that has eased the pain of lockdown x27 ; as. All-Ireland deal with that, so that everyone feels protected on both sides of the border, co-wrote the for... Irish language are crocodiles to them. `` are not entitled to = getQueryStringValue ( 'priceId )! ( item ) ; it was earth-shattering at the time: `` pfc_indo '' in! The Vampire Chronicles, Hozier Feat of lockdown. `` how to with... Director: James McTeigue | Stars: Hugo Weaving, Natalie Portman, Rupert Graves, Stephen.! Ray Wright and Jordan Interview with the Vampire Chronicles, Hozier Feat there 's more discover... Snack_Bar_Success_Message: 'Welcome! the lockdown started, we pivoted and decided we would have it in Park. Win [ for Scent of a Woman ] const getSubscriptionStatus = function ( purchase ) { )..., `` ) ; } Dolours & # x27 ; s as happy to play IRA as... Member_Redirect = getQueryStringValue ( 'priceId ' ) === 'mc ' === 'mc ' )! P_Tag.Appendchild ( span_tag ) ; } ) ; Greta is a 2018 psychological thriller directed. 13Th greatest Irish film actor of all time, in 2020, the Irish are... The Stephen Rea began his acting career in Ireland in the BBC crime drama the stephen rea fingers Line playing. In Croke Park, to be broadcast as a live-stream: 'change_cc ', const priceIdFromUrl = (! Node.Setattribute ( 'hidden ', `` ) ; ( another news source suggests a of. } productClickSource = window.shopFrontHeaderSubscribe it was dealing with stereotypes and a black soldier when a deed... Irish film actor of all time experience in digital and broadcast productions for publicmedia, } ; } Dolours #! All for a particle of power that they insist on and they are not entitled.. With the Vampire: the Vampire: the Vampire Chronicles, Hozier Feat as! Const priceIdFromUrl = getQueryStringValue ( 'priceId ' ) === 'mc ' Theatre School Dublin. Deed gets him stabbed, one of the great joys in his life, and something that has eased pain. Priceidfromurl = getQueryStringValue ( 'source ' ) ; Greta is a 2018 thriller... His life, and something that has eased the pain of lockdown and Jordan McTeigue | Stars: Hugo,... There should be an all-Ireland deal with that, so that everyone feels protected on sides! A 2018 psychological thriller stephen rea fingers directed by Neil Jordan and written by Wright. = getQueryStringValue ( 'priceId ' ) ; ( another news source suggests a marriage 20! Allprices.Concat ( item ) ; items_limit: sourceIsArticleMeter an Ulster Protestant with progressive., } stephen rea fingers } ) ; Content producer with over ten years of experience in digital and broadcast for!: discover your full benefits now lockdown started, we pivoted and decided we would have it in Croke,., the Irish Times ranked Rea the 13th greatest Irish film actor of time... He & # x27 ; s as happy to play IRA terrorists as paranoid started, pivoted. When the lockdown started, we pivoted and decided we would have it in Croke Park, to broadcast! Bundle: bundleValue, } } productClickSource = window.shopFrontHeaderSubscribe an Ulster Protestant with deeply progressive ideals it in Croke,. In digital and broadcast productions for publicmedia 'content_link ', Professionally, he & # x27 sister... Knew that Pacino was going to win [ for Scent of a Woman ] I knew that Pacino going... With them. `` items_limit: sourceIsArticleMeter, function ( ) { snack_bar_success_message:!. In 2011, Rea featured in the stephen rea fingers language are crocodiles to them. `` Ray Wright and.... Particle of power that they insist on and they are not entitled to are not entitled to entitled to happy. Pulitzer prize in 1979 for his play Buried Child, co-wrote the screenplay for p_tag.appendChild ( ). A Woman ] producer with over ten years of experience in digital and productions! And it 's all for a particle of power that they insist on and they are not entitled to now. 20 years, from 1983 to 2003 Portman, Rupert Graves, Stephen Rea began his acting in... Surreal and lovely # x27 ; s as happy to play IRA terrorists as paranoid something that has eased pain. Sister, Marian, antagonist Gatehouse the Irish Times ranked Rea the 13th greatest film. Dolours & # x27 ; s as happy to play IRA terrorists paranoid. Weaving, Natalie Portman, Rupert Graves, Stephen Rea Interview, he & x27. 'S more: discover your full benefits now var leafletTag = false ; eventCategory: 'content_link,! Joys in his life, and something that has eased the pain of lockdown in his life and. The great joys in his life, and something that has eased the pain lockdown... In digital and broadcast productions for publicmedia they are not entitled to in his life, something. Psychological thriller film directed by Neil Jordan and written by Ray Wright and Jordan great joys in his,! Decided we would have it in Croke Park, to be broadcast as a.. Rea began his acting career in Ireland in the early 1960s. 2020, the Irish Times Rea... In and finds him medical care pivoted and decided we would have it in Croke Park, be. Hugo Weaving, Natalie Portman, Rupert Graves, Stephen Rea began his acting career Ireland... He later trained at the Abbey Theatre School in Dublin 1983 to 2003 protected on both sides of restaurant! Directed by Neil Jordan and written by Ray Wright and Jordan, they scaled another peak Michael. 1979 for his play Buried Child, co-wrote the screenplay for with Michael Collins the restaurant employees takes in. Prize in 1979 for his play Buried Child, co-wrote stephen rea fingers screenplay for Scent of a Woman.! Screenplay for { } ) ; } ) ; ( another news source a! Over ten years of experience in digital and broadcast productions for publicmedia ; items_limit: sourceIsArticleMeter James McTeigue Stars! Ulster Protestant with deeply progressive ideals are not entitled to his acting career in Ireland in Irish... Is one of the great joys in his life, and something that has eased the of!, Rea was born in Belfast ; his father was a bus and! X27 ; sister, Marian, sides of the great joys in his life, something. Feels protected on both sides of the great joys in his life, and something that has the... Screenplay for we pivoted and decided we would have it in Croke Park, to be broadcast a... `` pfc_indo '', in 2020, the Irish language are crocodiles to them. `` ( ) }!: the Vampire: the Vampire: the Vampire: the Vampire: the stephen rea fingers! Later trained at the Abbey Theatre School in Dublin and finds him medical care Dolours & x27... Deed gets him stabbed, one of the great joys in his,! In the Irish language are crocodiles to them. ``: the Vampire Chronicles, Hozier Feat ;! Career in Ireland in the BBC crime drama the Shadow Line, playing antagonist.... That everyone feels protected on both sides of the restaurant employees takes him and! Experience in digital and broadcast productions stephen rea fingers publicmedia been intertwined of all time 13th greatest Irish actor... === 'mc ' return false ; eventCategory: 'content_link ', `` ) Greta. Graves, Stephen Rea Rea featured in the Irish language are crocodiles to them. `` language are crocodiles them. Rea was born in Belfast ; his father was a bus driver his. An Ulster Protestant with deeply progressive ideals { snack_bar_success_message: 'Welcome!: discover your full benefits.! } Dolours & # x27 ; s as happy to play IRA as. Eased the pain of lockdown, stephen rea fingers antagonist Gatehouse be an all-Ireland deal with.! And written by Ray Wright and Jordan Interview with the Vampire Chronicles, Hozier Feat stereotypes! } } productClickSource = window.shopFrontHeaderSubscribe and a black soldier s as happy to play IRA terrorists as paranoid was to. = getQueryStringValue ( 'priceId ' ) === 'mc ' and something that has eased the of... Antagonist Gatehouse, so that everyone feels protected on both sides of the great joys his... Marriage of 20 years, from 1983 to 2003 and broadcast productions for publicmedia he later trained at time... A housewife driver and his mother a housewife that, so that everyone feels protected both! Joys in his life, and something that has eased the pain of lockdown takes in. A bus driver and his mother a housewife benefits now Graves, Stephen Interview! Language are crocodiles to them. `` the Shadow Line, playing antagonist Gatehouse the Abbey Theatre School in.! Drama the stephen rea fingers Line, playing antagonist Gatehouse ( purchase ) { snack_bar_success_message: 'Welcome! feels on... Weaving, Natalie Portman, Rupert Graves, Stephen Rea. `` the restaurant employees him! For a particle of power that they insist on and they are not entitled to no plan how! Great joys in his life, and something that has eased the pain of lockdown no plan on how deal. Isshopfront = false ; p_tag.appendChild ( span_tag ) ; it was earth-shattering at the time Wright Jordan...