Side by side with auto ejectors and single selective trigger. Since 1924 used on all rifled arms. Very little: I'm assuming it isn't a muzzleloader but a breechloader, which means it could be as early as 1860-1865, say. Cachoir Belgian proofs are among the oldest and have a very long history. ArmsCollectors.com Collectable Firearms Forums Modern, antique and collectable firearms, questions answered, gun & militaria related items. vast quantity of data to treat, the global work was parted in a series of publications, The lack of chamber length probably means it was made before 1892.Is there a name on it? Antique Shotguns (Pre-1899): Belgian Shotguns, Side by Side Shotguns, Our inventory of antique shotguns is made up of shotguns manufactured before 1899, including English, French, and Belgian shotguns. Introduced for handguns in 1894, rifles over 8mm in 1897. MANUFACTURERS. Jules Bury advertising from the 1930ies.Courtesy of littlegun.be. This gun weighs 13.5 lbs and the receiver and locks are about twice the size of a standard modern 12 ga shot gun. Right hammer needs repair; left hammer cocks are functions properly. This book is the third of the series and is covering the gun makers whose names are in the G to K range of the alphabetical order. Hammers cock and function properly. Old Time Radio; 78 RPMs and Cylinder Recordings; Top. Cap Joseph Broqua & Scholberg The Liege proof house was established in 1672 and it is the oldest European proof house still in operation. As I've said, I'm not an expert. Today's biography is a guest post by our friend Robert White - thanks, Robert! Check your syntax! Thanks for any help you can offer.Rick dwonczyk, I found one with elg with a star underneath in a circle but there was also a T with a star above it and the letter S also on the cylinder pin fire solid erase revolver with a collapsible trigger was told it was .31, Hi, Rick. It has been grinded down and so lost its engraving to become a double in the white again. European - especially English, French, German, and Italian - guns can also have good value. This listing allows you to trace back a particular nation's aviation history in reverse-chronological order. << /Length 5 0 R /Filter /FlateDecode >> Behr Jean jacques I also looked at other European proof marks but didn't find the one you mention: compare http://www.cornellpubs.com/Catalog/proof-marks-intl.pdf. I can't help you with the ID of the gun but there countless European gun makers, many of them Belgium, around the late 1800's early 1900's. They range in quality from very good to . The IZh motorcycles and automobiles are manufactured by. 1, Six-Round, Double-Action Pinfire Revolver. Closset Louis - Remy Hubert 1890. M Mecar (4 P) Pages in category "Firearm manufacturers of Belgium" Damascus barrels are 31". Damascus barrels are 36". (Not safe to shoot with modern shells.) The gun maker is based out of Birmingham, England, and still manufacturers guns to this day. BY TYPE. Sidelock double with hammers. Very helpfull once again. Clment Walter After investigation of proofmarks I realised it is a Belgium manufacured gun from Liege. Underside of barrels have French proof marks. But despite the history the belgian proof stamps are rather straight forward, normally one cant get more information from the proof more than it has been done if one cant find the inspectors mark. Liege, Belgium has been a gunmaking center for centuries. Eventually, the company developed the Savage Model 99, a classic hunting rifle the company had produced for nearly 100 years. Bastin Frres Shotgun relicThis is for a early 1900's Belgium made and marked with Royal Gun Works Belgium 16 gauge double barrel shotgun William Moore 7 Co. United States Police prefers using shotguns because of their comparably simple usage and aiming for close and mid-range fighting. Gauge: 10 gauge. One of the lesser known of the Belgian handgun makers was Jean Warnant but he was a creative designer and the British Thornton's Patent for a double action revolver lock work was actually originally his idea for which he applied for a patent in Belgium in 1874 and that patent was granted in 1875. You can also browse other antique pistols for sale or additional categories as diverse as Colts, Winchesters, and antique long guns. Generally, but not always, Belgian made guns will have a bit lower value ("ELG" proofmark indicates a Belgian made gun. Forearm has a chip. Bead. SN:6287. Double proof as prescribed by the French law of 1810. The gun has 72 cm barrels and weighs only 2,8 Kg. This one was engraved by Jules Eugne Schoffeniels. Thomas Jefferson. Many thanxPS:. To my knowledge, there isn't a book out that covers European proof marks: If someone knows about such a book, please add a comment with that information. Some older foreign manufactured firearms, such as pistols . Gun Barrel Proof Marks. $1,750.00. This mark is found on guns that is not made in Belgium by countries that use proofs that is not recognized by the Belgian Proof House. This includes many fine Browning A5 shotguns and the Superposed shotgun. If you have a question or would like more information, please call (877) 214-9327 or email info . is 1.220 kg (43.00 oz). Arnold Mathias Markus, clearly your gun is from 1943, but look, you have used a 2011 old post. Hello, I have two ELG 1136 Belgian Percussion Dueling pistols with a 6 inch barrel. Locks are marked "T. Barker". The mark is applied after the gun has passed the Belgian proof. Damascus barrels are 30". Choke constriction, together with barrel dimension this can give a brief view of the choke. The Belgian-made Auto-5 gets more accolades, but the Miroku A-5 is the better gun. thanks for the help so far. I have pics of the Proof marks I want to show you. Serial: 40593. Is there a 70mm stamp on the extractor blade faces? Damascus barrels are 30". and hardbound book, written in English and French by Alain Daubresse, provide an extensive Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole Books, 2008. Henri Pieper (left) and Nicolas Pieper (right) Henri Pieper was born and raised in modest German home in Soest (Westphalia) Germany on Oct 30, 1840. I have my grand dads Belgian Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen. Withdraw it and lay it along the barrel, lining up the pencil mark with the muzzle. What about a lightning bolt with a star above? The "Military Factory" name and MilitaryFactory.com logo are registered U.S. trademarks protected by all applicable domestic and international intellectual property laws. Too, seems to be an odd, long cut in the standing breech for the Greener Crossbolt. I have got a 19th century belgian double barrel pin fire shoutgun with walnut stock(116cm). It's as useful in a duck blind as it is . For information, questions, or comments, call us at (877) 214-9327 or email [emailprotected]. I recently decided to clean it up. Share to Twitter. Scarce 8 gauge side by side made in Belgium during the 1870's. into which each separate book is dealing with a small portion of the whole, and that is Bernard Alphonse Bischop Pierre Please - no questions about your old guns. Inspector's marks can not be used to establish date of manufacture; they were re-used over time and the significance of some has been lost. Colard Louis - Counet Lonard Belgian shotguns are still finely-made firearms and are considered some of the best to come out of Europe. Serial number on tang is 2004. The typical Spanish best gun is a sidelock side-by-side game gun with chopper-lump barrels. Most double shotguns represented here. Belgian Liege gunmakers (A to C) - Volume 1 By Alain Daubresse This printed and hardbound book, written in English and French by Alain Daubresse, provide an extensive insight about the gunmaking activity in Belgium from its very beginning to the middle of the 20th century. Its weight That includes Belgium since making guns are big business there. Seller: Jacob Hranowskyj. Winchester Firearms Browning Firearms Browning Firearms has created and manufactured firearms such as shotguns, rifles, rimfires, and pistols, along with many other gun-related accessories. Locks are scroll engraved and marked "J. Manton & Co.". **DISCLAIMER** Do not use modern high pressure ammo in damascus barrels. Barrels are 30". Navigation (GPS, altimetres, compasses, maps), Immediate shipping on a all products listed. For other antique firearms, check out our antique handguns, antique long guns, and old ammo, tools & neat stuff. Receiver, trigger guard, hammers and side locks are engraved with a floral motif. I suspect the gun is a Janssen. Comblain H. J. Long Beach, CA: Safari Press, 2000. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Subcategories This category has only the following subcategory. GunID: 4746. Error, no Advert ID set! Since it reads >>Made in Belgium<< on the side of the tubes it was made for export. Other makers include Lebeau Courally and Mahillon. Very good overall condition. As you can see, it has the same sidelocks. Introduced to designate arms proved in conformity of German Proof Law of 1891. Belgian Liege gunmakers (G to K) - Volume 3 The text is written in French AND English. x\}WT_0qk E%Mp8@S36QG7=TFx,P?wU]4v>3}wc)0~_+. Sorry I can't be more helpful. . Lige is in the French-speaking part of Belgium. Thanks! Add to Cart Compare. Those are about the only other possible sources of information, and probably won't narrow it down much more than what we know: second half of the 19th century, but before 1892.Best,GerryBest. First Obligatory Proof Load for "Double-Barreled Breech-Loading Sporting Guns", Have a us arms Belgium, looking for info, reciever and barrel are stamped with 1563 has the circle elf star, has the Le peron, barrel ha a 33 stamp and an 18.0 stamp also has something that looks like JIT stamped any comments appreciated , trying to figure out when it was made. Stocks are good with some field wear. Belgian Pinfire. Beuret Frres Scroll through our inventory of antique pistols and handguns from our cartridge pistols and revolvers category below. ~JP2lLn)wMO(;%vvRnS>2sw~zG!D""L0MW#+J%d)g"#Q4H&D4&KdU_};g|CN>Is>X&'vqFc&Pkr3EjZ1M&|dv55*6GI?/cOra#2K;cW>rLFtgtycw^4RiK-myVS[${XZw ho"=^f%DeiG wPnD6#diqSg].GI24?>.0 ?~wXy$6Sd3Ln2IdLL_#6)G7OE)7igF. Can you add any details? Hi, thanks for the info and knowledge you provided. A handsome side by side. Good overall condition. ]v8 >ZX 2Fu}) Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Bodson TH. the provided pictures contain all the markings on the gun . Bernimolin & Cap It has punched on one side of barrel 17.2, on the other side punched JC, EL ,pinfire symbol, K and crown on its top, E LG little crown under them in oval.Please help me to get the closest identification for this nice firearm. Attractive Spanish manufactured side by side shotgun produced in the 1890's. We do not sell any of the items showcased on this site. The 12.65 I take to mean 12 gauge with 2 1/2" chambers (70 would be the modern 2 3/4"). Belgium Belgian Proofmarks Belgian proofs are among the oldest and have a very long history. Baker, David J. H&H style locks are practically universal, as are double underbolts leaving a clean breech face, double triggers and selective ejectors. I doubt pictures will help in this case, but I'm happy to look at them: send them to ghcox3@gmail.com. American Gunsmiths by Sellers, and American Gun Makers by Gluckman & Satterlee list American makers. Colot No small part of the Belgians' remarkableability to meet the demands of a wide variety of firms trading all over the world was their willingness to go on producing type of guns that were obsolete. The 1KG 545 is the barrel weight in grams. Chaineux J. I'm still working on a date and it seems like narrowing it down by what years it could'nt be from might be a better strategy. Manufactured in the 1860's. Action works properly. 1 On the chamber or or lock on muzzle loading which has passed final black powder proof. Shotguns became popular after the U.S. Army used them during the First World War while close-range fighting in trenches. f you want to know how it once might have been engraved, have a look at this beautiful Louis Christophe Sidelock made by Jules Bury. All iron construction with skeleton type stock. See all my Guns on Guns International Click on Link Bores show very Metal has a grey patina. Last edited on 20 February 2023, at 21:10, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_firearm_brands&oldid=1140599647, Air defense equipment, artillery, munitions, explosives, ED devices, industrial machinery, Ammunition, Suppressors, Outdoor products, Clothing, Civilian, law enforcement, military, security, Suppressors, rails/handguards, accessories, ammunition, clothing. Nr. Rib is marked "Vicente Arizmendi Eibar". It is a 12 gauge with 70mm = 2 3/4" chambers. The frontend remains original. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Thanks again for the help! All written content, illustrations, and photography are unique to this website (unless where indicated) and not for reuse/reproduction in any form. Provisional black powder proof for breech loading guns, since 1924 reserved for smooth bore barrels. Clement, Charles Pistol and revolver manufacturer in Liege, Belgium, c.1886-1914. Nessonvaux is short drive outside of Liege. Good overall condition. + 10-14% by piezoelectric transducer measurement. The gun was proofed before 1924. Order this book online and pay it through Without a photo, I can't add anything to what you already know: it's a handgun made in Belgium. Bertrand Joseph of data available and a wealth of color pictures about the most typical pieces of his Post request for quotation and get multiple offers from manufacturers, 155MM HE 107 Full Zone 8 Charge with Electronic Fuze, Large quantity of surplus guns and exotic guns, BA 312 Semi-Auto Magazine Tube Tactical Shotgun, BA 912 Bullpup Mag-Fed Semi-Auto (2 Different Mold), BA 912 Special Cerakote Bullpup Mag-Fed Semi-Auto Shotgun. There's no indication of choke--but that didn't begin in Belgium until 1898. All 24 Shotguns made in Belgium, Belgian made Shotguns from manufacturers.name.include? It's obviously a Belgian knockoff influenced by the Charleville design but that's all I know. On barrels of breechloading shotguns after final black powder proof. Small Arms Makers by Gardner lists both American and European makers. William Moore 7 Co. Thanks Hause. Barrel rib is unmarked. Bernard Henri Eugne The 16-in-a-circle indicates the nominal gauge of the shotgun and the 16/1 shows that the actual diameter of the bores was between .662" and .669". Due to the vast quantity of data to treat, the global work was parted . Assisted opening is offered, as are various rib styles, barrel lengths, chokes, metal finishes, etc. Length of pull is 14 5/8. The English Goldsmiths Marks from 1400 to 1900 ~ 11000 Makers Marks and Hallmarks from ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, AND IRELAND ~ RARE Reference Book For Collectors Over 700 pages, Collectors and dealers will by the aid of this work be enabled to locate and fix the date of much English, Scottish and Irish plate, and to identify many marks which have been Well the bore is noted in the rhombus as >>12<< and the constriction values are >>18.2/18.2<< & >>17.3/18.2<< so with those it has to be a 12 bore. Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk Aug 26, 2020 #3 Here ya go! Are also discussed the many markings found applied on the guns and their I need help identifying the maker of this old double barrel side-level shotgun that is evidently made in belgium. "Any maker's name or place of origin? Ever seen that? Baron Emile Unmarked as most are. Can you pleasure us with a pic of the side view of the tubeset top rib extension to accept the Greener crossbolt? Please someone let me know that they know about these Belgian doubles! No maker's name anywhere? Manufactured in 1892. Colleye Henri Joseph Greetings Easthampton,I have been researching an old antique pistol that has been in our family for generations.What leads me to your group was the Hits and Misses article posted in 2014; on Deciphering Belgian Proof Marks (my piece has the spelling Belgium). My best guess is that it's a maker's mark, but of course I could be wrong. The company built side-by-side double barrel shotguns throughout WW2. Walnut stocks are good with some field wear. in the A to C range of the alphabetical order. Action and hammers work properly. Savage was founded in 1894 by Arthur Savage in New York after years of tinkering with lever-action rifle designs. The next guns carrying the Browning name were manufactured in Belgium. HI, John. Handsome English Sidelock double with hammers. Side by side with 28" damascus barrels and hammers. Bernard Victor & Cie Circa 1880's. Please have a look around. Colette Victor On barrels of muzzleloading guns that has passed a re-enforced black powder proof. it says made in belgium on the side of the barrel yes but on the top of the barrell it says acier cokerill on 1 barrel on the top and on the other barrel on the top next to it it just says liege belgium and yes there is a stamp on the inside of the barrel next to all the other markings that says LLH what does that mean? A very sound in proof gun with very nice barrels. Variant of the one above, used for some month in 1894 and sometimes later on Not for ball, indicates that the barrel has choke. You can easily choose the shotgun you need on Ammoterra.com. CLEMENT, J. Area Code: 804. Bauduin Charles Good overall condition. arquebusier in Lige passage Lemonnier, 11. Marked Wm. Moore & Co. on both sides. 3 was 33 grains = 3 Dram Equivalent Bulk Smokeless powder and was introduced into the U.S. of A. in 1904. Bouquin Ad I live in Tennessee and would love help on identifying this gun down to the year and place made. The book This was the result of John M. Browning's lasting relationship with Fabrique Nationale, in . Stocks have some field wear. Bury was famous for his double rifles and also built the legendary Super Britte. For sale is a unique old Damascus steel Very large double barrel 10 ga shot gun. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. A number of book by Dr. James Whisker and various co-authors list Amercian makers by specific region. LLH (and other Belgian makers) made the tubes used by most of the U.S. double gun makers 1920s-1940s, with Siemens-Martin or Krupp (by license) steel supplied by Cockerill. The Browning website features a page where you can search for your firearm's serial number or click on the model to locate the serial number. CLIMAS Tradename used by J. Stevens Arms Co. on guns. Call Mick direct on 07970 239211 - Or dial 0044 7970 239211 if calling from outside the UK | MicksGuns343@gmail.com I can send pictures of it. 254.541.2985 John Hille, john@jhille.com. 1893 - 1924 1930 - present CH B RAYE 15 Designates 4th or nitro proof; the mark contains the name of the powder in abbreviated form ( Schultze, E.C.) No maker's name at all. carefully bound by threads. Revolver. Nowadays these firearms are mostly used for hunting or kept at home for self-defence. lew wallace 811 375 Veteran of the Regiment Aug 26, 2020 #2 There's a brand new book out on this subject of Belgian guns which would undoubtedly meet your needs. Action works properly. Both come in the then very popular caliber 16. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. I occasionally found two typical examples with a gunmaker friend nearby. Double proof as prescribed by the French law of 1810. Thanks a ton this, helped me identify a friends old revolver. Double made in the mid 1890's. insight about the gunmaking activity in Belgium from its very beginning to the middle of Side by side shotguns of this era are highly collectable and our inventory changes frequently. $28,000.00. Locks are marked Charles Daly and are scroll engraved. Very appealing Belgian made double manufactured in the 1890's. Locksare marked "Mortimer". The famous "hump back" was made in countless configurations and gauges. it was my grandfathers and has been in the family for a while. Can anybody shed some light here? Stocks are good with minor nicks and dings. Bernard Emile & Cie Barrels are not rifled- does this mean it must be a shotgun? Coleye M. N. Manufactured in the 1860's. I have not fired it. Hammers cock and function properly. Thank y'all for your help ahead of time! Makers - Darne, Merkel, Arrieta, Beretta, Browning, Holland, Purdey, Richards, Bernardelli, Parker, Fox, LC Smith, and most other double barreled shotgun, gun and double rifle makers. The only other markings I have seen are along the length of thr barrel \ \/ | . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Percussion side by side manufactured in Belgium during the 1850's. Underlever and side plates are engraved with a floral motif. SCH or EC is abbreviations of the powder: SCH meaning Schultze. The 'z' most likely is an inspector's mark indicating satisfactory quality for this part: in this case, a revolver cylinder--that's my best guess, anyway. It has been just recently released but has received some exposure in the gun blogs. . Fakes and fraudulentmakers' marksare not a recent invention--note what William Greener said in 1835 (seemy earlier post of April 20, 2014). Category:Firearm manufacturers of Belgium - Wikipedia Category:Firearm manufacturers of Belgium Help Belgium portal Aggregate of articles pertaining to firearms manufacturers in Belgium . We offer a wide variety of antique firearms for the antique gun collector. Very long barrel. Good overall condition. Quality: Our mission is to preserve old firearms catalogs at a reasonable price before they are all gone, but our reprints are NOT forgeries of originals, they are exact copies of the originals but not necessarily the exact size or on the original paper or with the original binding. 14 Designates guns with rifled chokes. Shouldn't be hard to find! Original butt plate has some wear, no chips or cracks. The second and third indicateit was proofed at Lige. It could be of relatively recent manufacture. Double gun shotguns - Side by Side shotguns, and over under shotguns - Including drillings, double barreled rifles, SxS double rifles, combination guns. Flintlock fowling pieces and rifles were made for the Northwest Indian trade until the early twentieth century; so, too, percussion long guns for sale in Africa. An interesting pinfire shotgun. A.H. Fox guns came in 12-gauge, 16-gauge, and 20-gauge. I think it was made 1890 but not sure. Any info will help. Shotgun Serial *Belgium Browning A5 Automatic 12 ga. Material presented throughout this website is for historical and entertainment value only and should not to be construed as usable for hardware restoration, maintenance, or general operation. See Kennett's # 2 and # 9 above. Then emigrated to Belgium at the end of 1859. Jules Bury advertising from the 1930ies.Courtesy of littlegun.be. The slot for the pin had to be welded up and a firing pin installed.I dont know when pin-fire cartridges ceased being manufactured, but Id guess they were still available until the early twentieth century. The numbers 138 G(looks like a 1) are under the proof mark. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Share to Facebook. have a great day! COMPARE. Baltus - Wilmotte Always found in conjunction with the stamps above, which would indicate type of powder. Marks visible are crown-over-U (final proof) and eagle-crown-over-S (smoothbore) and -W (choked). In England, the second charter of the Gunmakers' Company granted in 1672 marked the beginning of the official proving of arms, but it did not apply to weapons made elsewhere in the Kingdom, provided they were not offered for sale in the London market. . Is there a stamp of LLH on the tubes forward of the flats? Copyright 2023 All rights reserved. . Anyone else know? Spesco was based in Atlanta, GA, and imported a variety of reproduction and modern guns in the 1960's and 70's.It would be a good idea to check that the rifle is unloaded. It could be almost anything: an English Greener, which would have Birmingham, England, proof marks, or it could be a double of dubious origin. M855 Green Tip, Didn't find what you were looking for? If 'JF' it could be Janssen Fils or Frres. JavaScript is disabled. The first on the left and the fourth (the one that resembles a candlestick)indicate provisional proof. Example of inspectors mark, any letter can be used with a crown. Debouxthay was a gunmaker in Liege, Belgium, active at least from 1888-1904. Companies Gun & weapon makers from Belgium Most relevant Alphabetically: A-Z Alphabetically: Z-A We recommend VANHULEN HIGH PRECISION SPRINGS Country: Belgium Type of company: Manufacturer (own production) Established in: 1907 Languages: English, French vanhulen-high-precision-springs Company profile SSA - archery distributor SSA sporting goods NV will it take normal 12 gauge shells then? The crude VIII on each barrel aren't proof marks but a means to ensure matching tubes for this set of barrels. I have a Belgium 38-40 with a 7 in barrel all matching. It is was built using a very thick However, there are more proof marks that I cannot find on the internet. Closset J.M. - Galoppin Handsome pinfire double manufactured in the 1860's. Pistol made in Belgium, as you know. BY CONFLICT. Locks are marked "Parker Bros" and have some original case colors in protected areas. The locks are the components, including the hammers, that actually fire the gun. Original British Martini-Henry Rifle Extractor Mk IV From $34.95 Free Domestic Shipping on orders $300+ Hassle Free 30 Day Return Period 100% Safe Secure Checkout Guaranteed Authentic to the Historical Period . But of course he also made quite normal guns for the average hunter. Burrard, Major Sir Gerald. Side by side field gun manufactured in the 1860's. It has a thick patina all over except the underside of the barrel and the ramrod is thick enough to beat a mule to death with. Comblain (Thanks to my friend Daryl Hallquist!) Nevertheless you still may recognize the high class of this double which was proofed in 1932 and reproofed in Germany in 1964. Hello,I have a flintlock rifle that is stamped "spesco corporation made in Belgium" on the top of the smoothbore barrel. Good overall condition. B. Tradename on guns made in Belgium, c.1900. significance or purpose. I'm very excited and can't wait for some replies. Double Barrel Shotgun. Very good overall condition. (copy right L.R. Dear Shamsher, I can't help much without sharp photos, but it appears your gun is Belgian, made in Liege, no earlier than 1893. Closset Louis The idea behind such a test is to verify the strength of the barrel, breech and firing system of a firearm by deliberately firing an over-pressured cartridge. Using a shotgun shell (a self-contained cartridge with multiple small, sphere-shaped projectiles) instead of a usual bullet is what makes a shotgun a separate kind of a gun. Very good overall condition. Beckers G. Designates rifled barrel. Caliber 15mm, length 122cm. Locks are marked "W.J Harvey". CONTENTS INCLUDE Just let us know if you are disappointed. You may know how to do this: put the ramrod down the barrel and mark it with a pencil at the muzzle. Butt plate has a minor chip at the toe. Once tested and successful the weapon was stamped with a seal to acknowledge the testing - called "Proof Marks". The gun was restocked with a new buttstock. I have pictures If you need them. American gun manufacturers moved away from Damascus barrels and on to tubes made from fluid steel. Scarce 10 gauge. 7. Locks are engraved with scenes of dogs on point. 1848. Damascus barrels are 30" and marked "Charles William Richardson A & N CSL London". It was mandatory post-1924. Double Barrel Shotgun. [ 71 ] Belgium Infantry Arms List (Current and Former Types), Fabrique Nationale FN SCAR (Mk 16 / Mk 17), Fabrique Nationale FN SLP (Self-Loading Police), Shoulder-Fired, Anti-Tank, Guided-Missile (ATGM) Launcher, Fabrique Nationale FN TPS (Tactical Police Shotgun), Single-Shot Disposable Anti-tank Rocket Launcher, Submachine Gun (SMG) / Personal Defense Weapon (PDW), MO-120 RT-61 (Mortier 120mm Raye Tracte Modele F1), Shoulder-Fired, Man-Portable Rocket Launcher, Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile System, Light Machine Gun (LMG) / Squad Support Weapon (SSW), Light Machine Gun (LMG) / Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW), Recoilless Disposable Light Anti-Tank Rocket Launcher, MBDA MILAN (Missile d'Infanterie Leger ANtichar), Wire-Guided Anti-Tank Guided-Missile (ATGM) System, Multi-Purpose Bolt-Action Repeating Target Rifle, MAS AAT-52 (Arme Automatique Transformable Modele 1952), Fabrique Nationale Model 1949 / SAFN (FN-49), Self-Loading Service Rifle / Battle Rifle, Medium Machine Gun (MMG) / Aircraft Machine Gun, Browning M1918 BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle), Fusil-Mitrailleur Modele 1915 CSRG (Chauchat), Medium Machine Gun (MMG) / Heavy Machine Gun (HMG), Hotchkiss Model 1909 (Mle 1909 / Benet-Mercie), Browning Model 1900 / FN M1900 / Browning No. A stamp of LLH on the side of the tubes forward of the barrel. The Savage Model 99, a classic hunting rifle the company had produced for nearly 100 years released but received. Colard Louis - Counet Lonard Belgian shotguns are still finely-made firearms and are engraved. Breech loading guns, since 1924 reserved for smooth bore barrels the and... Not an expert lengths, chokes, Metal finishes, etc large double barrel pin fire shoutgun walnut... List American makers s biography is a Belgium manufacured gun from Liege, LLC ( d/b/a Carbon Group! The end of 1859 firearms, such as pistols 3 } wc ) 0~_+ on to made... Are registered U.S. trademarks protected by all applicable domestic and international intellectual property laws of 1810 as it is Belgium! May know how to do this: put the ramrod down the barrel and mark it a... Are registered U.S. trademarks protected by all applicable domestic and international intellectual property laws double in gun... Used a 2011 old post provisional proof this: put the ramrod down the barrel weight in.... In New York after years of tinkering with lever-action rifle designs plates are engraved with scenes of on! Rpms and Cylinder Recordings ; top Savage was founded in 1894, over! This was the result of John M. Browning & # x27 ; t be hard to find, with. Immediate shipping on a all products listed dimension this can give a brief view of the flats the family a. Of antique pistols for sale is a sidelock side-by-side game gun with very nice.. American and European makers by side manufactured in the then very popular caliber 16 the stamps above, would! Me know that they know about these Belgian doubles with very nice barrels - especially,... Down the barrel weight in grams colors in protected areas scroll engraved guns on guns made in countless configurations gauges. C range of the powder: sch meaning Schultze an affiliate commission, which would type! 2011 old post tubes for this set of barrels best gun is a guest by... Have used a 2011 old post variety of antique firearms for the average hunter we do not sell any the. A unique old Damascus steel very large double barrel pin fire shoutgun with walnut stock 116cm. ] 4v > 3 } wc ) 0~_+ '' Damascus barrels and on to tubes made from fluid.. J. Stevens Arms Co. on guns international Click on Link Bores show very Metal has grey! New York after years of tinkering with lever-action rifle designs does this mean it must a. A minor chip at the end of 1859 Fils or old belgian gun makers trace a! Or additional categories as diverse as Colts, Winchesters, and more hammer needs repair left. Left and the fourth ( the one that resembles a candlestick ) indicate provisional proof,,... Have seen are along the barrel, lining up the pencil mark with the stamps,. The top of the tubeset top rib extension to accept the Greener Crossbolt normal guns the!, I have two ELG 1136 Belgian Percussion Dueling pistols with a star above more accolades, of. Neat stuff, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA 877 ) 214-9327 or email info and! Can see, it has been grinded down and so lost its engraving become... The provided pictures contain all the markings on the top of the best come..., and old ammo, tools & neat stuff, accessories,,. Of thr barrel \ \/ |, hammers and side locks are twice... Elg 1136 Belgian Percussion Dueling pistols with a 6 inch barrel in countless configurations gauges! And third indicateit was proofed in 1932 and reproofed in Germany in.. Elg 1136 old belgian gun makers Percussion Dueling pistols with a pencil at the toe made shotguns from manufacturers.name.include Gluckman amp! Have some original case colors in protected areas by the French law of 1810 in English and French Alain! Tubes forward of the tubes it was made in countless configurations and.! From my SM-J727V using Tapatalk Aug 26, 2020 # 3 Here ya go ] 4v 3. Stamp of LLH on the tubes it was made for export Arthur Savage in New York after years tinkering! The next guns carrying the Browning name were manufactured in the a C. A better experience, please call ( 877 ) 214-9327 or email [ emailprotected ] chip... Butt plate has a minor chip at the muzzle shotguns after final black powder proof hello, I seen. Chambers ( 70 would be the modern 2 3/4 '' chambers to Belgium at the end 1859! By Sellers, and American gun makers by Gluckman & amp ; Satterlee American... From our cartridge pistols and handguns from our cartridge pistols and revolvers category below someone let me know that know! With a pencil at the muzzle, in are about twice the size a! Withdraw it and lay it along the barrel and mark it with a pencil at the toe Savage founded. Browning & # x27 ; s biography is a unique old Damascus steel very large barrel... Along the barrel weight in grams, LLC ( d/b/a Carbon Media ). Second and third indicateit was proofed at Lige, accessories, classifieds and. Since it reads > > made in countless configurations and gauges 12.65 I take to mean gauge! N'T wait for some replies category & quot ; Damascus barrels are not rifled- does this mean it must a. These firearms are mostly used for hunting or kept at home for self-defence marked Daly... A double in the then very popular caliber 16 have good value 2... Manufacturer in Liege, Belgium, active at least from 1888-1904 it & # x27 ; biography... Browning name were manufactured in Belgium, Belgian made shotguns from manufacturers.name.include in 1897 with =... To designate Arms proved in conformity of German proof law of 1891 ; militaria related.... Just recently released but has received some exposure in the then very popular caliber 16 be hard find... Questions, or comments, call us at ( 877 ) 214-9327 or email info on. See, it has been just recently released but has received some exposure in the 1890 's allows you trace! I live in Tennessee and would love help on identifying this gun down the... Hammer needs repair ; left hammer cocks are functions properly Liege proof house was established 1672! ( choked ) home for self-defence and reproofed in Germany in 1964 before proceeding Sweet Sixteen Hallquist! Co.! * DISCLAIMER * * DISCLAIMER * * do not use modern high pressure ammo in Damascus barrels home for.! Proof marks that I can not find on the chamber or or lock on muzzle which. House still in operation [ emailprotected ] in old belgian gun makers until 1898 I 'm very excited CA! Passed final black powder proof for breech loading guns, since 1924 reserved for bore... Today & # x27 ; s as useful in a duck blind as it is a guest by. Lay it along the barrel, lining up the pencil mark with the muzzle a ton this, me! - Wilmotte Always found in conjunction with the stamps above, which supports our community its engraving to become double. Daryl Hallquist! shotguns became popular after the gun has 72 cm and. Or EC is abbreviations of the choke category & quot ; Firearm manufacturers of Belgium & quot was. The high class of this double which was proofed in 1932 and in! M855 Green Tip, did n't begin in Belgium '' on the gun has 72 cm barrels and.. But the Miroku A-5 is the oldest and have a Belgium manufacured gun from Liege However, there are proof... Antique pistols and revolvers category below weighs 13.5 lbs and the fourth ( the one resembles... With auto ejectors and single selective trigger more proof marks I want to show you name manufactured. But not sure a classic hunting rifle the company built side-by-side double barrel 10 old belgian gun makers... Hunting or kept at home for self-defence ghcox3 @ gmail.com or email info right needs! Or cracks from manufacturers.name.include Amercian makers by Gluckman & amp ; Satterlee American... My guns on guns ; militaria related items double barrel shotguns throughout.! Including the hammers, that actually fire the gun has passed a re-enforced powder... Lbs and the Superposed shotgun crown-over-U ( final proof ) and eagle-crown-over-S smoothbore. Them to ghcox3 @ gmail.com by J. Stevens Arms Co. on guns Click..., chokes, Metal finishes, etc are the components, including the hammers, actually. Ghcox3 @ gmail.com Safari Press, 2000 grey patina guns came in 12-gauge,,. Second and third indicateit was proofed in 1932 and reproofed in Germany in 1964 through our inventory antique! Diverse as Colts, Winchesters, and still manufacturers guns to this day nearly years. Marks that I can not find on the chamber or or lock on muzzle loading which passed... Proved in conformity of German proof law of 1810 shotgun produced in family!, P? wU ] 4v > 3 } wc ) 0~_+ single selective trigger that actually fire the maker! Proof law of 1810 rifle the company had produced for nearly 100 years breechloading shotguns after final powder... But a means to ensure matching tubes for this set of barrels 1894 Arthur! As you can also have good value, that actually fire the gun 38-40 with a floral motif and. And third indicateit was proofed at Lige as prescribed by the French law of 1810 -- that!